Friday, April 20, 2012

Sowing spring seeds

Spring is here. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming. It's the time of year for new beginnings, and for sowing seeds - both literally, and metaphysically. However, I have very little knowledge or skills in the area of gardening, so I find myself learning as I go with the spiritual cultivation. As it turns out, though, this Spring, I am indeed embarking on a substantial new beginning: I've started my own business. This is also something of limited experience for me, as it is my very first such undertaking. Again, I am learning as I go.

I was pleased that circumstances unfolded as they did, with the timing of this new venture coinciding with the Spring season. As I go about my duties, I am discovering that start-up is very much a planting phase. I just sow, sow, sow the seeds of business, everywhere I go. But I am also sowing seeds of me - of a better, happier, more successful, brighter, future me, and I find it thrilling!

One of the biggest challenges for me personally, has been the continual uncertainty. I am not accustomed to balancing such a degree of unknown with such a long list of responsibilities. I guess this is where growing takes place. I suspect it is in precisely these kinds of challenges that our spirits find potent fertilizers.

My ongoing job is to remember that I DO have faith in Omni and in my inevitable well-being, and to continually maintain the balance between faith and diligence - "Trust God but tie your camel," spoke the wise Rumi. I find that to be a particularly soft line in the sand. I feel like a clumsy dancer keeping inside those guideposts, but dance I must, and dance I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment